Guthaus Lemmersdorf (Lemmersdorf Hall)
Between 1840 and 1945, the estate was owned by the Count of Schwerin-Wolfshagen.
As if time has been standing still, the lovingly restored manor house lies within a well-tended park (laid out in 1835 according to plans by renowned garden architect Lenné), surrounded by enormous farm buildings, some of which have fallen into disrepair. The house itself is now a private residence.
First mentioned in 1486, Lemmersdorf Hall was owned by the von Gloeden family for nearly three centuries. In 1736 it came into possession of the von Arnims and later that of Hermann von Stülpnagel zu Taschenberg (1839-1912), a renowned Prussian military official. Between 1840 and 1945, the estate was owned by the Count of Schwerin-Wolfshagen. After expropriation in 1945, it was first used as an orphanage and until 1996 as a children’s home and school. The estate has been privately owned since 2002.