Schloss Bröllin (Bröllin Castle)
It’s one of the only estates in the region that is fully preserved.
Located on the German-Polish border, the Bröllin estate has existed since 1233. It’s one of the only estates in the region that is fully preserved.
The grange spans 53.000 sqm of land. The old stable buildings form a rectangle around the property. The middle is occupied by a former granary and the old distillery. The latter was erected after the Stoewah family acquired the estate in 1854.
The house itself is the oldest building on the estate and was built in the 18th century. The small neighbouring fieldstone church dates back to the 13th century, it sports a single nave and a chancel, a wooden tower, lancet windows and white and blue pews. The altarpiece shows Jesus with the sinking Petrus.
Bröllin is a listed monument since 1993 and has passed into the possession of the Schloss Bröllin e.V. (Bröllin Castle Association) in 2000. Today, it is a production centre for the performing arts and offers space for artistic productions and studies. The supporting association actively supports regional networking and youth work.